Elgin, OK Mold Damage Remediation
Molds grow best in hot, humid conditions, but they can also grow in drier areas if an organic food source is available, along with moisture and oxygen.
A leaking sink or damp windows provide an ideal environment for mold growth. Once mold has appeared, it can quickly spread throughout your home or business in as little as 48 hours.
Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
If you're concerned about mold, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Lawton. We have the expertise and equipment for mold mitigation, and we're here to help.
SERVPRO of Lawton
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (580) 699-2662
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because it’s impossible to remove all mold from a house or business; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens, irritants, and toxins.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
We are proud to be an active member of this community. SERVPRO of Lawton is locally owned and operated, so we’re already nearby and ready to help Elgin residents and business owners with any size mold contamination.
Highly Trained Water and Mold Restoration Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly. Learn about our water and mold training and certificates.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
Step 1: Emergency Contact - (580) 699-2662
We’re available 24 hours, 7 days a week to answer your phone call. Our consultant will guide you through this process, asking questions that will allow us to better understand your situation and to determine the needed equipment and personnel.
Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view. We use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Step 3: Mold Containment
To keep the mold spores from spreading further, we will use various mold containment procedures. Our professionals may use physical barriers and negative air pressure to isolate the contaminated area and to help prevent the mold spores from spreading through your Elgin, OK home or business. Also, we’ll turn off the property’s fans and heating and cooling systems to prevent the spread of mold.
Step 4: Air Filtration
We use powerful air scrubbers, HEPA vacuums, and other filtration equipment to remove microscopic mold spores out of the air. This air filtration process and our mold containment process help to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. We’ll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. It may be necessary to remove and dispose of mold-infested porous materials, like drywall and carpeting, to remediate heavy mold growth.
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Sanitizing
We clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, clothing, and other restorable items affected by mold, using a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and disinfect your belongings. We’re also trained to remove odors and provide deodorization using fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may have been removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business. The restoration step gets your home or business back to normal.
SERVPRO knows Mold
In Elgin, OK, SERVPRO of Lawton is ready to tackle and resolve any mold issues that arise. SERVPRO professionals understand the anxiety that can happen when a homeowner uncovers mold. Let us help put your worries to rest. Our knowledgeable crew is ready with the gear needed to tackle any mold job. Reach us at (580) 699-2662 - We’re ready to activate our team to remediate your mold.