Tips on what NOT to do after fire damage happens
When fire and smoke damage happens, call the trusted experts at SERVPRO of Lawton.
We're here to help you navigate the restoration process, including working with your insurance and adjuster to ensure an easier process.
Yesterday, we talked about things you could do until help arrived after a fire. Today, let's look at things you should NOT do after a fire has damaged your home or business:
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.